Position Available: Executive Director
The Capital Area United Way Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic leader to join the Capital Area United Way as the Executive Director.
Title: Executive Director
Reports to: United Way President and Board of Directors
Full-Time: Salaried Exempt.
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000 DOQ
Applications accepted until April 10th 2018
Please Click Here for Full Job Description
The Executive Director serves as the chief professional officer and is responsible for the management, leadership, strategic planning, and fiscal health of the organization. The Executive Director provides leadership in carrying out the mission of the organization, and leverages the power of relationships and networks to work across private, public, and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community. The Executive Director possesses a high level of broad nonprofit skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for building trust in United Way and its relevance in the community, and takes an active role in all public relations for the organization.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
• Solid background in nonprofit/service organizations.
• Experience in fundraising highly preferred.
• Strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to build and cultivate relationships with donors, leaders, board members, and volunteers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and superior interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop and monitor budgets preferred but not required.
• Working knowledge of community needs, including the most critical challenges facing children/youth, families and senior citizens.
Please send resume and cover letter to Ashlee Rathbun, Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org